Couples Therapy in Toronto
Does trying to talk about problems always seems to turn into fights? Do you find that you and your spouse have issues talking to each other? Have you noticed the level of intimacy and sex has declined or stopped entirely? Couples can face these and other types of problems or be at different stages of their relationship.
The first thing you need to know if you are not alone. Many couples face issues and problems all the time. It is how they handle them that matters most. What you may not even realize is couples therapy in Toronto can help transform your life and help address your concerns and issues in a supportive and non-judgmental environment.
If you have finally gotten to the point where you have exhausted all possibilities on your own and are searching for what to do next, why not give couples therapy a try with help from me, Ellen Starr.
I have been helping couples overcome a wide range of problems and issues since 1987. Quite often, in the early stages of counselling, many of the couples I have helped realized the issues they had were not as big as they originally imagined. However, they would not have realized this without counselling.
How Can Couples Therapy Help?
Couples therapy can help you and your partner in a variety of different ways, depending on your circumstances, issues, and concerns. It is important to remember that each couple and their reasons for counselling can and do vary. Keeping this in mind, couples therapy can help you by:
- Learning how to communicate effectively with your partner.
- Learning how to address conflict and resolve it.
- Addressing concerns over the level of intimacy and frequency of sex in your relationship.
- Learning how to make compromises with your loved one to strengthen your relationship.
- Developing strategies for enhancing the level of friendship with your partner.
- Addressing concerns over infidelity.
- Working on the causes for trust issues and developing methods to rebuild trust.
- Helping you recognize negative communication methods that can disrupt the emotional closeness in your relationship.
- Addressing concerns over financial issues/worries.
- Helping you and your partner work through issues related to starting a family and having a baby.
- Discussing concerns about whether you and your partner want a monogamous or open relationship.
- Helping you and your partner determine what level of the relationship each of you is presently at.
- Talking through future planning and helping you, as a couple set both short-term and long-term goals.
- Helping one or both people work through prior unresolved issues that are impacting your current relationship.
- Helping couples decide whether they want to try to save their relationship or end it.
I completely understand the thought of couples therapy can be scary or even something you thought you would never need. The first step in the process is by calling my office so we can discuss how I might be able to assist you and your loved one.
Please feel free to contact me, Ellen Starr directly at 416-488-3102 to learn more or to schedule an initial couples therapy session in Toronto today!