Toronto Couples Fertility Counselling
Scientific research has demonstrated that fertility counselling can actually help increase the likelihood of a woman becoming pregnant. Our bodies respond negatively to stress and anxiety. When we are under a lot of stress and anxiety if can affect sperm counts, how many eggs are released during menstrual cycles, and other physical attributes that could create issues becoming pregnant.
Toronto couples fertility counselling can help both women and men address the stress and anxiety in their lives. By learning how to deal with stress and anxiety in a positive manner, it helps the body relax and strengthens immune responses. As a result, it can help couples wishing to start a family successfully conceive.
Aside from helping couples conceive, couples fertility counselling provides opportunities to talk about and discuss a wide range of topics including:
- Exploring IVF conception when natural methods are not working.
- Discussing adoption as a viable means to start a family.
- Options for same-sex couples to start a family.
- Talking about current family issues and concerns.
- Addressing issues regarding a troubled relationship, like you are in process of getting divorced and just found out you are pregnant.
- Exploring your career options after starting a family.
- Addressing financial concerns that come with starting a family.
- Dealing with external pressures from your partner, parents, or in-laws that want you to get pregnant or start a family.
- Deciding if one parent and which one should be a stay-at-home parent.
- Working through issues related to infidelity and pregnancy.
How Does Couples Fertility Counselling Work?
Counselling begins by scheduling an initial consultation appointment with me, Ellen Starr. At this first session, I will ask important questions to help determine the nature of your current problems and issues. Your answers help me decide which methods and approaches we should use. I am also asking questions to get to know more about you and your personality.
This first session is very important as it helps us lay the foundation for future sessions. In addition, this is a great time for you to ask any questions and address any concerns you may have about counselling.
In order for counselling to be successful, you need to like your counsellor and trust in their abilities. This first session is you opportunity to get to know more about me, how I can help you, and start to build trust.
After the initial session, we will determine the frequency of future sessions, which could be several times a week, weekly, etc. During these sessions we will start working through your issues and concerns at your own pace. Sessions could be one-on-one or as a couple.
While working through your issues and concerns, you will start to learn and develop skills and methods for resolving problems. We are also able to establish both short-term and long-term goals and objectives.
To learn more about couples fertility counselling in Toronto or to schedule your initial consultation, please feel free to contact me, Ellen Starr at 416-488-3102 today!