Toronto Individual Counselling & Therapy
There are all sorts of reasons people feel they need to see a counsellor and therapy. Quite frequently, we often reserve these times for when we are in crisis and not fully capable of coping with a situation, like the unexpected loss a loved one. We could even be facing higher levels of anxiety, stress, relationship problems or other such issues that we can no longer manage on our own.
Seeking individual counselling and therapy does not have to be reserved just for these times and situations. It can be beneficial to speak to a counsellor when you want someone to speak with in a nonjudgmental, yet caring, supportive, and confidential environment.
Counselling sessions can help you establish short and long term goals, address previous issues that you have not fully dealt with, or figure out the most appropriate methods to help you manage your life in a productive manner.
Toronto Individual Counselling Promotes Better Health and Well-Being
Stress, anxiety, and other such emotions often affect our health and well-being. For instance, people with constantly elevated levels of stress and anxiety can be more at risk for heart disease, high blood pressure, heart attacks and strokes.
By taking the first steps and seeking individual counselling to improve your mind, you are also improving your body. It is fully understandable that taking this initial step can seem difficult. Yet realize once you do, you may discover an effective form of treatment for emotional issues that also improves physical issues.
Is There a Specific Time to Seek Individual Counselling in Toronto?
There is no right or wrong time to being individual counselling sessions. There are numerous reasons people seek help, support, and guidance from a qualified counsellor, including:
- When you are feeling down or depressed.
- When you are feeling overwhelmed.
- When you are feeling overly stressed.
- When you are feeling anxious or having panic attacks.
- When you have obsessive or instructive thoughts or impulses.
- When phobias start taking over your day-to-day life.
- When you are dealing with self-esteem issues.
- When you are going through life transitions – getting married, starting a family, getting divorced, etc.
- When you want to improve the level of intimacy with your loved one.
- When you have relationship concerns or issues.
- When you are experiencing grief or sadness.
- When you are trying to overcome bad habits.
- When you are recovering from an addiction.
- When you are having problems sleeping.
- When you have anger issues.
Essentially, you can seek counselling at any time for just about any reason, concern or issue in a supportive, caring, nurturing, and comfortable environment.
Why Seek Individual Counselling in Toronto with Ellen Starr?
Ellen Starr has extensive experience in individual counselling. She uses a personalized approach, which she tailors to fit her clients’ needs. She helps guide her clients on a journey of discovery and learning while working with them to achieve their short-term and long-term goals and objectives.
The services offered by Ellen Starr are not limited to the issues listed previously. She can help with any concern or issue you may be experiencing. Please feel free to contact Ellen Starr directly at 416-488-3102 to schedule an initial consultation today!