Toronto Individual Sexual Therapy and Counselling
Talking about sex can be difficult for some people. They might feel embarrassed about their sexual desires or struggling with their sexual identity or feelings of intimacy. Seeking individual sexual therapy and counselling in Toronto with Ellen Starr can help overcome these issues, as well as others, on your journey to find a fulfilling sexual life.
Sexual therapy is a highly focused type of confidential counselling. Therapists will use a variety of tools, like sex education and sexual exploration, in order to help you learn more about you and increase your sexual awareness. Together, we can create safe, secure, and judgement-free opportunities for you to explore what you find exciting and pleasurable, while helping you feel comfortable with yourself and your body.
In addition to helping you get in-touch with your sexual desires and feelings, individual sexual therapy and counselling can help people struggling with one or more of the following:
- Issues expressing affection.
- Relationship issues that are affect your sex life.
- Feelings of doubt, shame, or other negative images of one’s sexuality.
- Difficulties in communicating your sexual desires and needs with partners/spouses.
- Issues of jealousy.
- How to rebuild trust after it was lost through infidelity.
- Discovering why you were unfaithful or cheated on a partner/spouse.
- Discussing sexual fantasies, role-playing and other such desires.
- Maintaining an active sex life after becoming a parent.
- Establishing an active sex life after divorce.
- Erectile dysfunction problems.
- Addressing painful sex problems.
- Problems reaching orgasms.
- Premature or rapid ejaculation.
- Menstrual and menopause issues that interfere with sex.
- Additions to pornography.
- A lack of sex drive or desire to have sex.
- Changes in your sexual orientation and/or gender preferences.
- Desires for monogamous or polyamory relationships.
- Issues with sexual performance related to aging.
- Resolving prior sexual problems that could be affecting current relationships.
Sexual therapy and counselling can include both emotional and physical aspects depending on the individual and their specific needs. As such, each person is assessed as an individual and therapy sessions are tailored to fit their objectives and goals.
Why Work with a Sexual Therapy Counsellor?
It can be difficult for you to enhance and develop your sexuality on your own. You could feel embarrassed about certain aspects or be afraid to experience new things you truly desire. When you are left feeling unfulfilled, it can overflow into other areas of your life, including causing you anxiety, stress, and interfering with healthy relationships.
By exploring together the root of each of your concerns, we can develop a treatment plan and course of action that will best empower you to become more comfortable with your sexuality. In addition, all of your thoughts, feelings, and desires are kept confidential as you become more comfortable with your sexuality, in a safe environment free from judgement.
Please feel free to contact me, Ellen Starr directly at 416-488-3102 to arrange an initial sexual therapy and counselling session in Toronto today!